Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Breathtaking !!!

WOW ! I had been waitin 4 this from a long long time ., really really badly ! Finally., I have it ! Am I excited or wat !!! Wat am I talking about ?? No.., its not my own car ! Its the AD of one of the cars I really like. Tata Safari Dicor .
Why am I so excited about just an AD u ask ? Well., i love it so much that i was gettin tired of surfing thru the 40 or so channels just to watch it ! Not anymore ! I HAVE IT NOW !
Now .,I'll tell you wat's so great about the ad. Its not just any AD. Its a masterpiece. One in a million. Just when i thought creativity was on the brim of extinction.., with all the ads just being made with plain silly humour or some 'BIG star' tryin to earn a few more lac rupees.., this is one ad that has changed my views in an instant.

A silent piano melody plays in the background., a tone of desperation., a grey moody video has gloomy but hopeful ppl ...,


I ALWAYS WANTED TO CHASE THE RAIN ..
I ALWAYS WANTED TO TAKE A 1 YR TRIP...,ARND THE WORLD..
I ALWAYS WANTED TO QUIT ON MONDAY MORNING..
I ALWAYS WANTED TO SWIM WITH THE WHALES..
(a rebellion is growing)
I ALLWAYS WANTED TO...................?
Blackout for a second..., then it says., RECLAIM YOUR LIFE
Then the tone of the music suddenly elevates to a more rocking tune.., like it belonged to a war scene when the good is about to win over evil..,
Suddenly a shiny metallic beast comes flying out of nowhere ! Then it skids on the sand tearing the ground apart ! Then it blasts thru a puddle of mud sending the mud sky high ! Then it slowly drives away to one side of the scene.., yes.., its SAFARI DICOR !
A brand new modified version of the amazing Tata Safari !
To me its not just an ad with amazing music with mindblowing visuals.., its an inspiration. The Tag ' RECLAIM YOUR LIFE' .., that is wat i did when i went back to college after a month of rest and recovery. Its a message that will hit you right in the head. Thats wat everybody should do ! Reclaim their life !

Watch the Video HERE !!!

it mite take a few mins., but its worth it !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey komal.i love that ad too.i wanted 2 write abt the changing scenario of indian ads and how they are more theme oriented now.and this one is certainly a master piece.anyways great work.keep writin