The seven points being :
1. teach you the skills of blogging
2. familiarize you with the tools of blogging
3. help you work out how much time you have
4. help you work out if you can sustain blogging for the long term
5. give you a taste of blogging ‘culture’
6. help you define a niche
7. help you find a readership
One can also look at the above points this way., u can kind of do a self analysis of how much u've developed since u've started blogging and also how much longer can u keep going by asking urselves questions related to the above 7 points. If you seem to be getting positive answers for all those and if u can tell yourself that you are really enjoying blogging and not doing it just 4 the heck of it..,then u got good news.. u still got a long way to go before you think of shutting down your blog !
Here are also a few good posts that i'd like to share with you guys...
- 10 + 9 Ways to Find Great Post Ideas for Your Blog
- 10 Things Every Reader Wants from a Writer
- A Guide to writing good email…. and blog posts?
and so on.....
You can read lots more here .