Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2005


GANAPATHI BAPPA MORYA ! ! ! Y SO MUCH 'SHOR'YA !!!???


I am still not a 100 % ., but I just had to shout out my mind about this issue ., and wat better way than my blog.
Religion.., to me its a faith ., somethin that brings together a few ppl who believe in that faith. When you believe somethin so seriously.., u have to show ur loyalty towards it.., n that., is devotion. Well.., all that is very good.., not somethin I strongly follow, but still., its good.., but wat really bothers me is .., hmm., how do u put it., over expression or show of devotion.
"Show of devotion" under normal standards itself is too much for me.., I mean like goin to temples regularly without fail., poojas n stuff.., I just wonder.., when U pray to god.., do you need to go somewhere to do it ? Do you need a physical image to do it ? GOD is omnipresent everyone says., so y can't u just close ur eyes where u are n pray !
Anyways.., thats not the focus of my article., lets come to the "show of devotion" in the extreme form., which is visibly apparent all around us in this ganesh chathurthi season and very very irritatingly 'audibly' existent. Every small lane n every small corner of every street has a neatly set up stage with beautiful majestic Ganesh Idols with poojas being performed very religiously in the mornings and evenings. Now.., the time in between.., those loudspeakers blaring the devotional tunes ., loud enuf so that they can beat the adjacent ganesh celebrations .., repeating them time after time that by now everybody in those areas are well versed with all the lyrics ! I mean.., WAT THE !!! Is that really necessary !?
That is more of a sound pollution than show of devotion !
Anyways., I just had to take out my frustruation.,and I did.., anyways.., while I go rest.., all u ppl have fun in the ganesh utsav n all !
Happy Vinayaka Chathurthi !!!


1 comment:

ArChaNaR said...

i totally agree with you.. it's quite irritating with loud songs.. but we can't help it..it's their choice..

we gotta live with it.