Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2005

I had written this review for MouthShut.com and u can find it here ...,


"The last time I sat down to write my review about SIFY BROADBAND ., my thoughts were just filled with all the foul words I know and didn't know. Now this is a family place., so., cleared up those thoughts n am tryin my best to put my review in the nicest words I can. Indian Broadband Providers and especially Sify Broadband as far as I know are the epitome for the word Cheaters. Broadband by some official definition is described as that which allows a minimum download speed of 256 kbps and in UK its 500kbps or more ! He he ., yeah rite ! The day that is goin to happen in India .., there are going to be robots for house maids and flying cars without tyres. There are other countries offerin speeds of atleast four times this speed and for almost the same price or a little more. Comin to my personal experience with SIFY BB.., this 'experience ' has left a disgustin taste in my mouth and I can feel the sickening feeling in my head and stomach everytime I use the net. I have taken this plan of 500 Rs a month for * Unlimited * ( which according to them is 150MB download/upload everyday) Usage for .., i donno 48/64 kbps speed. I was tempted and decieved by the amazing speed of the temporary sample connection they had given me . Now., I rarely get download speed of above 10kbps., I pay 500 Rs a month for the cable, 50 Rs service charges and more than a 1000 bucks for the telephone calls I have to make them every single day for almost a whole year now. Once the Sify server is down., once the local server is down., sometimes the local cable is faulty and listen to this..,'' Sify BB is not fully compatible with firewalls and Windows XP OS !!!'' says a service man whom I talked to. Wake up ppl ! The whole world is running on these ! Who the hell asked u to develop a system that does not offer upgradation or protection to the system ! The condition of Broadband provided by such a Big name is like this ..., and we blame Dial up ! Compared to the SIFY BB services., I think Dialup ROCKS ! I'm gonna switch over to BSNL or VSNL as soon as I finish my 6 month package ., the remaining 3 months refund of which i was refused to b given back when requested ! Huh ! How can I even expect these cheaters to b so generous ! Even as I try to publish this review...,

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

My sincere personal advice.., if u're goin for a new Internet connection., mite as well use Dial up then SHITTY .., oops., SIFY broadband.Thnk u ...,"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey komal.i was abt 2 take up sify in another month.thanks 4 cautionin me.this was an interestin read

Kk said...

Anytime ! :)

wiseorotherwise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wiseorotherwise said...

Dude, check out BSNL Data one! AFAIK, it rocks big time! The speeds are constant at 32 kBps (256 kbps).

You can get it for Rs 500 PM with 1 gig data limit. But then, D/L's are free from 2 to 8 AM!

Good deal, right?

EDIT: Deleted the previous comment 'cos it had some grammatical errors :P

Vaishali Adwant said...

dude,
totally agree with u,me too had similar problems with sify.switched to beam cable.sigh!!